Aug 2, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Seriously, now? Missing yet another match?
Major League Soccer’s highest paid man apparently has a role in the Olympic Closing Ceremonies, coming up in a little over a week. From the L.A. Galaxy Insider Twitter feed:
Which might be OK – except that the closing ceremonies are Aug. 12, which happens to be the date of his team’s next date against next door neighbor Chivas USA.
Maybe we should have seen this coming, seeing as his wife was already expected to be there as part of the Spice Girls reunion performance. His wife Victoria is Posh Spice, of course – or don’t you remember the 90s?
The Galaxy didn’t seem to miss its midfield playmaker over the weekend, getting all three points out of a trip to FC Dallas. (Landon Donovan was away for that one, too.)
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago