Aug 2, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
“Robbie, this is Bruce Arena calling. Thanks for showing up.”
Through the first three months of the season — of which he admittedly missed some time — Robbie Keane had four goals. Then, in the depths of summer, the Irish man exploded for five goals and two assists in four games. That, my friends, is called production.
For his efforts, Keane earned Player of the Month awards, breaking Chris Wondolowski’s one-month reign of happiness and smiles.
Álvaro Saborío, Brad Davis, and Tally Hall also earned votes. But this was Robbie’s month (with a big assist from Landon “Recommitted” Donovan).
Here’s a video of Keane doing his thing against Portland. Get off the tracks, Timbers; the train is coming through. Woowoo.
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte