Aug 5, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
Felipe got league-wide attention last week when he registered three assists against New York, but through 77 minutes against Philadelphia on Saturday, the young Brazilian midfielder had been kept quiet. The Union may have trailed for most of the match, but they were the better side with the ball, meaning Felipe wasn’t given many chances to add to his assist total.
Then, as so often happens in this game, something came out of nowhere. Hassoun Camara won a ball, a cross was sent in, and Felipe got a chance to perform some magic.
Here was his trick:
Zack McMath had put in a strong performance, but Felipe’s volley just inside the right post gave the Union keeper no chance to prevent a match-sealing goal. With 13 minutes remaining, Felipe doubled Montreal’s lead, providing the final score in a 2-0 victory.
With all the big names Montreal’s brought in during the season, Felipe’s contributions have been overshadowed, though he’s been one of the team’s best players throughout the team’s inaugural campaign. He leads the Impact in minutes and assists, while his four goals are tied for second on the club.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"