Aug 6, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Warm up for today’s U.S.-Canada Olympic semifinal by reliving last year’s awesome moment, as Abby Wambach heads home in the dying seconds against Brazil, helping her American side to live on in the 2011 Women’s World Cup.
It’s Ian Darke on the call, and the man certainly is excited. “Oh, can you believe this?! Abby Wambach has saved the U.S.A.’s life in this World Cup!”
It really was an amazing and dramatic moment; The United States went on to win in penalty kicks, dumping Brazil from the tournament quarterfinals.
Darke’s excited call has led to grand debate in the U.S. soccer supporters community: what’s the better Ian Darke-U.S. Soccer moment, Wambach’s goal in the Miracle of Dresden, or Landon Donovan’s work of late wonder against Algeria from the year prior?
Here’s the video from last year’s women’s triumph. You may as well go ahead and stand up. You know what’s coming, but I guarantee you’ll get excited:
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public