Aug 6, 2012, 4:48 PM EST
ProSoccerTalk’s Best XI from Week 22 in Major League Soccer includes two men who were big in Seattle’s showy 4-0 win Sunday over the defending champs:
- FC Dallas Kevin Hartman
Rationale, motive and intent: Included in his Round 22-high six saves were a couple of real pieces of work as 10-man Dallas split the points in Portland.
- Montreal’s Hassoun Camara
- Chicago’s Austin Berry
- Sporting Kanas City Seth Sinovic
Rationale, motive and intent: Camara is looking settled in his new right back spot for the Impact, where Alessandro Nesta is now the stability provider along the back line. Berry had the game-winner for Chicago and continues his outstanding rookie campaign. As for Sinovic: Saer Sene was big and bold a week before along New England’s right side, but SKC left back tamed the man Saturday, helping guide his side to a huge three points on the road.
- Colorado’s Joseph Nane
- D.C. United’s Nick DeLeon (pictured)
- Houston’s Brad Davis
- Seattle’s Mauro Rosales
Rationale, motive and intent: Nane didn’t just score a goal, he was a force in midfield in a match Colorado so desperately needed to win. Davis is a Team of the Week starter for the second consecutive week. DeLeon looked more like the spry rookie who took the league ROY race by the scruff of the neck in the spring, less like the poor young man who ran dead up against the proverbial rookie wall. Davis was his usual, dependable self as the Orange made fairly easy work of the New York Red Bulls down in Texas.
- Seattle’s Eddie Johnson
- Sporting Kansas City’s Teal Bunbury
- Houston’s Mac Kandji
Rationale, motive and intent: Johnson started August as he finished July, with an important goal in a big win for his club. (He also set up two goals in a Player of the n a Week performance.) Kanji, lined up left in Houston’s 4-3-3, gave the New York defense everything it could handle down at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 0
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 3
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5