Aug 12, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
Steven Lenhart is the real-life version of that Mayhem character in the Allstate commercials.
He is collision waiting to happen, a striker for the San Jose Earthquakes who perennially pinballs around, causing havoc for himself, the opposition and for referees.
But the man is effective. Last night he got in on San Jose’s first goal and then scored the late, late game-winner. (Yes, San Jose with yet another late win. Amazing.)
Remember, Lenhart was only in the lineup because Alan Gordon is suspended.
Here are highlights of last night’s win at Buck Shaw, which kept the Earthquakes in top spot in the West.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million