Aug 13, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
I keep wondering if we’ll be talking about this guy sooner or later when the arguing, fussin’ and fightin’ turns again to U.S. national team selections. Because Chris Rolfe can be a sizable influence when he settles into a position and stays healthy.
He’s getting there now with the Chicago Fire. Frank Klopas’ team just took three big points out of Philadelphia, strengthening their current hold on a playoff spot.
Rolfe’s two goals were a big boost in Chicago’s PPL Park smash-and-grab. He has four goals in 10 matches now for Chicago since getting back to full health. Here are his two strikes and the rest of the highlights from Chicago’s 3-1 win Sunday.
(Warning: If schoolboy marking and even worse goalkeeping gives you the heebie-jeebies, you had best not watch.)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public