Aug 14, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
When Thierry Henry speaks, the man does tell it like it is.
Case in point, the New York Red Bulls star striker isn’t putting a bit of spin on his team’s modest road form. The Red Bulls are 4-7-2 on the road, which isn’t overly alarming.
On the other hand, what success they’ve had away from Harrison is getting harder to recall; Henry and Co. have not won on the road in league play since mid-May, and that came against expansion Montreal.
Hans Backe’s men even lost in the interim to Harrisburg (of the USL Pro league) in U.S. Open Cup action.
Since the win in Montreal, the Red Bulls are 0-4-2 away from Red Bull Arena.
What Henry had to say about a problem that needs fixing:
We’re a way better team at home than away. Now I can be sitting here talking about ‘no, that’s not the case.’ But stats don’t lie. We’re a way better team at home than away from home, and we have to work on our attitude away from home. Everybody: Me, the boss, the guy that stays here to prepare us, everybody.’’
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 2
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?