Aug 16, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
For the better part of the season, FC Dallas has only made headlines for the wrong reasons: player-coach battles, injuries, underperforming expectations.
But that changed Wednesday night.
The Hoops went to Vancouver and earned a 2-0 victory. Fabian Castillo (remember him?) earned the first goal and David Ferreira (remember him?) did all the work on the second. (He also assisted the first.) Elsewhere in North American FCD-related business, Brek Shea nutmegged a Mexican defender and helped the United States walk out of Azteca with a 1-0 victory.
Now, perspective: FCD remains eight points adrift of the final playoffs spot in the Western Conference. And Shea didn’t exactly light the world on fire.
But, but, but: Three teams are on 37 points. Due to the ridiculousness of the MLS schedule, the Whitecaps have a game-in-hand on FCD and the Sounders have three. The Galaxy have also played 26 games. While Schellas Hyndman’s crew is running out of time, they still have a shot. (“So you’re saying there’s a chance…”) And couldn’t you see Shea’s Mexican cameo being the type of thing to snap him out of his funk? Plus, that dude Ferreira can flat ball. All I’m saying is don’t count them out. FCD’s made a run before, you know?
Here’s Ferreira’s second assist, courtesy of MLS PR man and all-around good dude Will Kuhns:
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 1
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0