Aug 16, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Can you imagine what this guy might have done if Leo Messi had signed an autograph? Or if, after the match, Messi had given this guy his game-worn jersey? The poor fellow may have just fallen over dead in world-stopping delight.
This happened during yesterday’s friendly in Frankfurt pitting Germany against Messi and Argentina.
We’re not advocating pitch invasions. Not at all. “Bad fan! Bad!”
But if you just cannot contain yourself (this poor fellow couldn’t), this is the way you do it. Be nice, shake a hand, and then report in a non-threatening manner to the nearest authority.
- Mike Magee’s arrival can only help in Chicago 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 11
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 1
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (12)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy