Aug 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
We haven’t heard much from Alejandro Bedoya lately.
That’s mostly because he was stuck on the bench at Rangers, languishing at the Scottish giant behind talent that was more experienced and/or just plain more talented.
Bedoya is not a bad player, but the move to Rangers a year ago always looked like a curious one for the 25-year-old New Jersey native. He just looked like a guy that Rangers was bringing in for depth, and not much else.
So Rangers’ ongoing financial trouble paved the way for a summer 2012 move to Helsingborg IF in Sweden’s top division. Sweden doesn’t have the best league, but this is Bedoya’s better pathway back into potential national team graces.
At the very least, it gives him chances to do this: Watch his bicycle kick goal from Saturday:
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 1
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8