Aug 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
We haven’t heard much from Alejandro Bedoya lately.
That’s mostly because he was stuck on the bench at Rangers, languishing at the Scottish giant behind talent that was more experienced and/or just plain more talented.
Bedoya is not a bad player, but the move to Rangers a year ago always looked like a curious one for the 25-year-old New Jersey native. He just looked like a guy that Rangers was bringing in for depth, and not much else.
So Rangers’ ongoing financial trouble paved the way for a summer 2012 move to Helsingborg IF in Sweden’s top division. Sweden doesn’t have the best league, but this is Bedoya’s better pathway back into potential national team graces.
At the very least, it gives him chances to do this: Watch his bicycle kick goal from Saturday:
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 4
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0