Aug 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much from Alejandro Bedoya lately.
That’s mostly because he was stuck on the bench at Rangers, languishing at the Scottish giant behind talent that was more experienced and/or just plain more talented.
Bedoya is not a bad player, but the move to Rangers a year ago always looked like a curious one for the 25-year-old New Jersey native. He just looked like a guy that Rangers was bringing in for depth, and not much else.
So Rangers’ ongoing financial trouble paved the way for a summer 2012 move to Helsingborg IF in Sweden’s top division. Sweden doesn’t have the best league, but this is Bedoya’s better pathway back into potential national team graces.
At the very least, it gives him chances to do this: Watch his bicycle kick goal from Saturday:
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3