Aug 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much from Alejandro Bedoya lately.
That’s mostly because he was stuck on the bench at Rangers, languishing at the Scottish giant behind talent that was more experienced and/or just plain more talented.
Bedoya is not a bad player, but the move to Rangers a year ago always looked like a curious one for the 25-year-old New Jersey native. He just looked like a guy that Rangers was bringing in for depth, and not much else.
So Rangers’ ongoing financial trouble paved the way for a summer 2012 move to Helsingborg IF in Sweden’s top division. Sweden doesn’t have the best league, but this is Bedoya’s better pathway back into potential national team graces.
At the very least, it gives him chances to do this: Watch his bicycle kick goal from Saturday:
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2