Aug 18, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
We haven’t heard much from Alejandro Bedoya lately.
That’s mostly because he was stuck on the bench at Rangers, languishing at the Scottish giant behind talent that was more experienced and/or just plain more talented.
Bedoya is not a bad player, but the move to Rangers a year ago always looked like a curious one for the 25-year-old New Jersey native. He just looked like a guy that Rangers was bringing in for depth, and not much else.
So Rangers’ ongoing financial trouble paved the way for a summer 2012 move to Helsingborg IF in Sweden’s top division. Sweden doesn’t have the best league, but this is Bedoya’s better pathway back into potential national team graces.
At the very least, it gives him chances to do this: Watch his bicycle kick goal from Saturday:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1