Aug 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Excuse me while I check my watch. Let’s see …
Egad! It’s been hours since our last Hope Solo headline! Quite possibly even longer. So let’s get right to it.
TMZ reports that Solo’s “Dancing with the Stars” partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy has vehemently denied the U.S. goalkeeper’s unflattering allegations about him in her new book.
In her book “Solo: A Memoir of Hope,” she alleges that Chmerkovskiy “manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly. I thought that was just how it went – how dancers worked with each other. But it kept getting worse. One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day.”
“Maks” denied any rough treatment, according to TMZ. He also took to Twitter to defend himself with this: “Always hated hypocrites and liars…but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them….”
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 1
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 4
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 1