Aug 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Excuse me while I check my watch. Let’s see …
Egad! It’s been hours since our last Hope Solo headline! Quite possibly even longer. So let’s get right to it.
TMZ reports that Solo’s “Dancing with the Stars” partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy has vehemently denied the U.S. goalkeeper’s unflattering allegations about him in her new book.
In her book “Solo: A Memoir of Hope,” she alleges that Chmerkovskiy “manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly. I thought that was just how it went – how dancers worked with each other. But it kept getting worse. One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day.”
“Maks” denied any rough treatment, according to TMZ. He also took to Twitter to defend himself with this: “Always hated hypocrites and liars…but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them….”
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0