Aug 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Excuse me while I check my watch. Let’s see …
Egad! It’s been hours since our last Hope Solo headline! Quite possibly even longer. So let’s get right to it.
TMZ reports that Solo’s “Dancing with the Stars” partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy has vehemently denied the U.S. goalkeeper’s unflattering allegations about him in her new book.
In her book “Solo: A Memoir of Hope,” she alleges that Chmerkovskiy “manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly. I thought that was just how it went – how dancers worked with each other. But it kept getting worse. One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day.”
“Maks” denied any rough treatment, according to TMZ. He also took to Twitter to defend himself with this: “Always hated hypocrites and liars…but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them….”
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1