Aug 22, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, you have seen the ‘lights from last week’s historic win over Mexico. (Yes, historic … no matter what the grumbling cynics may say.)
You have seen Brek Shea’s drive of redemption, his aggressive run into the penalty area that created the goal. You have seen Tim Howard’s weighty work, etc.
But this stuff just takes on a different look at field level. Michael Orozco Fiscal’s stick-away at the far post looks somehow more dramatic. Howard’s balancing act save on a deflected ball looks even more arresting. (But those all-whites still look like the man just got out of bed.)
And the field-level, all access shots of the nervous “before” and the spirited “after” are always worth a look, too.
From U.S. Soccer, the field level look at last week’s 1-0 win over Mexico.
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Southampton and Chelsea to rise 0
- Could Joe Hart return to Premier League action this weekend against Fulham? 0
- U.S. Soccer names All-Time Best XI, do you agree? 7
- Luis Suarez signs new long-term deal at Liverpool 3
- Clint Dempsey undergoes medical at Fulham ahead of loan move from Seattle Sounders 3
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) 11
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Is Google a player in the game of sports media rights? (12)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- Mexico’s Monterrey dumped out of FIFA Club World Cup (7)
- Bank of Brazil to Release Special World Cup Coins
- Nightmare for Socceroos in Real Group of Death
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy