Aug 22, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, you have seen the ‘lights from last week’s historic win over Mexico. (Yes, historic … no matter what the grumbling cynics may say.)
You have seen Brek Shea’s drive of redemption, his aggressive run into the penalty area that created the goal. You have seen Tim Howard’s weighty work, etc.
But this stuff just takes on a different look at field level. Michael Orozco Fiscal’s stick-away at the far post looks somehow more dramatic. Howard’s balancing act save on a deflected ball looks even more arresting. (But those all-whites still look like the man just got out of bed.)
And the field-level, all access shots of the nervous “before” and the spirited “after” are always worth a look, too.
From U.S. Soccer, the field level look at last week’s 1-0 win over Mexico.
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0
- Watch live: West Ham United vs. Liverpool (Lineups) 0
- VIDEO: Arsenal score three times in 192 seconds, as Gunners explode 0
- Queens Park Rangers 2-2 Stoke City: Kranjcar’s cracker saves QPR 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 5 0