Aug 22, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, you have seen the ‘lights from last week’s historic win over Mexico. (Yes, historic … no matter what the grumbling cynics may say.)
You have seen Brek Shea’s drive of redemption, his aggressive run into the penalty area that created the goal. You have seen Tim Howard’s weighty work, etc.
But this stuff just takes on a different look at field level. Michael Orozco Fiscal’s stick-away at the far post looks somehow more dramatic. Howard’s balancing act save on a deflected ball looks even more arresting. (But those all-whites still look like the man just got out of bed.)
And the field-level, all access shots of the nervous “before” and the spirited “after” are always worth a look, too.
From U.S. Soccer, the field level look at last week’s 1-0 win over Mexico.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1