Aug 22, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
Real Salt Lake is alive in CONCACAF Champions League play thanks to … goals from the very men coach Jason Kreis had rested last weekend in a crushing loss at home.
Kyle Beckerman and Alvaro Saborio struck for the Utah side, which climbed stubbornly back into the group stage chase with a 2-0 win over Panamanian champions Tauro FC.
So in the end, the coach’s gambit paid off. All wasn’t ideal, however. Beckerman disciplinary issues are cropping up too much this year. He was thrown out late Tuesday for a dangerous tackle. That means he’ll be left behind when RSL travels into Panama next month for CONCACAF group stage match.
RSL dominated possession and enjoyed a huge edge in shots and quality chances. That doesn’t mean the visitors didn’t see a couple of early chances flash near Nick Rimando’s goal.
See it all on the highlights here. And don’t miss Paulo Jr.’s mazy run to set up the MLS side’s initial goal.
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 1