Aug 22, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Gershon Koffie, Montreal’s Hassoun Camara and San Jose’s Victor Bernardez will all serve one-game suspensions following decisions handed down Tuesday from Major League Soccer’s Disciplinary Committee.
So, whom does it hurt most?
- Bernardez is the best of the threesome, but his team should be able to withstand the hit, well rested and playing at home Saturday against a Colorado team that has just one win since June.
- Montreal is at home to D.C. United, a big tussle for its playoff implications. But if Italian veteran Alessandro Nesta can get healthy and return to the field, he’s a far better man for the big job, anyway.
- Vancouver’s Koffie (pictured) is a rising young midfield man, a potential star, even. (Although he needs to get his disciplinary house in order.) The Whitecaps will miss their top holding midfielder in their trip to Portland, where Martin Rennie’s team needs a win to help hold off the nerves and (related) an FC Dallas team that’s making up ground fast on Vancouver.
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we need a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 3
- Early returns from England’s offseason tell a tale of two Manchesters 0
- This André Villas-Boas to Paris Saint-Germain link makes more sense by the day 0
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part III: Shunning complacency, and his second season at Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part II: London calling 1
- Criticism, negativity may leave Seattle with few rewards for their hosting efforts (20)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public