Aug 23, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Barcelona v Real Madrid.
You will get excited, even if it’s a relatively meaningless game at the beginning of a very long season. It really seems like they were just playing, doesn’t it? Being a soccer player on a very good team must be exhausting.
Welp, it’s happening against today. 4:30pm. The relentless pace of progress.
And, to kick it all off, here’s Johan Cruyff is whining about something again, this time Jose Mourinho’s self-appointed nickname:
“As a player he was not up to much and now he is able to do something,” Cruyff told the Spanish TV station, La Sexta. “How do you make sense of some calling themselves ‘the only one?’ It is good to put that name on a jersey, but nothing more. I do not like that sort of behavior.”
He’s the best. Maybe let’s just start ignoring him.
Anyhow, the game kicks off in one hour. You have been warned.
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 11
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 1
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (12)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona