Aug 28, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Geoff Cameron’s next chance to impress comes today in a League Cup contest as Stoke City visits Swindon Town.
Potters management could see tonight’s contest as a chance to further indoctrinate their new U.S. international and force fitness on the man – or take the other approach and rest Cameron’s surely weary legs ahead of this weekend’s Premiership contest.
Either way, everyone was pleased with the former Dynamo man and what he offered as a central midfielder in Sunday’s scoreless draw with Arsenal. Cameron wants more from himself, but he told the club’s official website that he was relatively satisfied with his debut at the Britannia:
There is room for improvement; no matter what the result is, there is always ways to get better. I’m sure we will become stronger as we go on, but a point against Arsenal is a good result.”
“Personally, I was pleased with the performance. Obviously, the more I play with the guys, the better our understanding will be. So, hopefully today was the first step, and now we can hopefully build upon that and continue to get better collectively.”
Swindon Town plays in England’s third tier. More on today’s match is here.
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 2
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 1
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 2
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public