Aug 28, 2012, 4:35 PM EST
San Jose will be hardest hit as six Hondurans from MLS have been called for a pair of World Cup qualifiers.
Rosters for the United States, Canada and others will soon be announced for next week’s FIFA fixture date. So, stay tuned. Damage will be minimal for some teams; San Jose, for instance, will avoid the full force of the blow because they don’t play during the affected window.
But there is a limited schedule around the two FIFA World Cup qualifier dates. And then some teams get back to action early on the back side of the break, which leaves so many asking yet again:
Why, MLS? Why?
The MLS men called for Honduras’ pair of qualifiers, Sept. 7 in Havana against Cuba and then in a host role against the Cubans in San Pedro Sula on Sept. 11: Victor Bernardez (San Jose Earthquakes), Marvin Chavez (San Jose Earthquake), Roger Espinoza (Sporting Kansas City), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Mario Martinez (Seattle Sounders FC) and Jerry Bengston (New England Revolution).
- Looking back on 2013: Talking through Real Salt Lake’s path to MLS Cup 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 4
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 5
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 5
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)