Aug 28, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
San Jose will be hardest hit as six Hondurans from MLS have been called for a pair of World Cup qualifiers.
Rosters for the United States, Canada and others will soon be announced for next week’s FIFA fixture date. So, stay tuned. Damage will be minimal for some teams; San Jose, for instance, will avoid the full force of the blow because they don’t play during the affected window.
But there is a limited schedule around the two FIFA World Cup qualifier dates. And then some teams get back to action early on the back side of the break, which leaves so many asking yet again:
Why, MLS? Why?
The MLS men called for Honduras’ pair of qualifiers, Sept. 7 in Havana against Cuba and then in a host role against the Cubans in San Pedro Sula on Sept. 11: Victor Bernardez (San Jose Earthquakes), Marvin Chavez (San Jose Earthquake), Roger Espinoza (Sporting Kansas City), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Mario Martinez (Seattle Sounders FC) and Jerry Bengston (New England Revolution).
- FOLLOW LIVE – Champions League: Bayern Munich, PSG aim to overturn 3-1 deficits to Barcelona, FC Porto 0
- Chris Smalling signs new Manchester United contract through 2019 0
- Franz Beckenbauer: Der Kaiser weighs in on Klopp, Dante and Bayern’s CL hopes 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1