Aug 28, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
This week’s Kick TV video mash-up of all the goals includes the usual dandies. Seattle’s Fredy Montero is responsible for a trio of them all by his Sounders self.
But you’ll also spot some shaky goalkeeping – some of it from surprising names.
You’ll see Vancouver veteran Joe Cannon let one squirt beneath him, a game-winner no less. That’s not what a team on the skids needs – and Cannon’s Whitecaps are in a bad way at the moment.
You’ll see Andy Gruenebaum misjudge his ability to get out to a through ball, leaving New England’s Jerry Bengtson with an open goal.
In the same game, could New England veteran Matt Reis have possibly reached one of Federico Higuain’s free kicks? Hmmmm.
And you’ll see Sporting Kansas City’s Jimmy Neilsen meekly retreat rather than hold his ground at the six for what could have been a contested catch or punch, but one that he surely needed to attempt.
Still, there are some good ones in the mix, as always. Enjoy.
(UPDATE: the embedded link seems to be misbehaving. Until I get my top people on it, you can go directly to the video here.)
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 0
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 0
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 0
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9