Aug 30, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
Sometimes Andreas Iniesta makes it appear as though he is the puppetmaster controlling the field. What this post presupposes is what if someone were controlling him.
In an ad for the new CTR360 Maestri III cleat, the Spanish and Barcelona superstar dances around defenders while being controlled from above. The kicker? Well, you’ll just have to wait until the end.
We agree with our friends at Kicking + Screening that we’re not sold on the whole “Iniesta as puppet” meme thing (as if anyone else could have his vision), but it’s a cool ad and it’s early in the morning so enjoy. Philosophical moralizing to come once the coffee kicks in.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final