Aug 30, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
First there was McKayla Maroney, whose disapproving look on the medal stand during the recent London Olympics gave rise to the Internet meme “McKayla is not impressed.”
Well, neither is Cristiano Ronaldo, apparently, as the Real Madrid star had his McKayla moment Thursday in Monaco.
Barcelona and Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta captured the UEFA Player of the Year Award on Thursday. It was the second major award of 2012 for the 28-year-old midfielder, who helped lead Spain to the European Championship title in June. Iniesta was named Player of the Tournament.
But back to Ronaldo’s less-than-impressed moment. Here ‘tis.
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public