Aug 30, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Tommy Meyer, Jose Villarreal, Jack McBean and Michael Stephens scored in the Los Angeles Galaxy’s 4-0 drubbing of the Puerto Rico Islanders in CONCACAF Champions League action Wednesday night.
But the big story was the return of striker Edson Buddle, who played for the first time since May 26.
“It felt good. I was a little cautious, but I think through my equipment team and the medical staff, I was ready to go out there and push as hard as I can,” he said after the match.
The 20-minute stint was rather tame, but the important thing is that the prolific striker returned. We were just thinking the other day how Bruce Arena could use more talent. (Lies. Lies.)
Jose Villarreal, who scored the game’s second goal, took a knock to the head and had to be removed. He said he was fine after the match. Scoring a goal will do that to a guy.
Highlights of the game are here. Buddle does not make an appearance.
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 20
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (21)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights