Sep 2, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Juninho needed just a little time to get his feet set this year, surely the result of a belated arrival into his second year with the Los Angeles Galaxy.
But he’s The Man now. The Galaxy took care of business last night against Vancouver, putting distance on the struggling fifth-place team in the West with a comfortable 2-0 win. (Martin Rennie’s Whitecaps have lost four in a row.)
Juninho’s goal last night was No. 6 in his last five appearances across all competitions for the Galaxy.
As for MLS matches, Juninho has 5 goals and 3 assists in 24 starts this year, not bad numbers for a central midfielder, especially for one who does so much of the midfield work for 27-year-old David Beckham, who tends to play deeper and smartly limit his dashing about.
And as for Beckham; he hit a sparkling free kick goal. Of course, around the Home Depot Center, they just call that a “Saturday.”
Full highlights are here:
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (22)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public