Sep 6, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Hey look, Santos Laguna is bringing a bunch of dudes to play the Chicago Fire on Saturday. Cool.
Herculez Gomez will miss the match because of national team duty, but goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez and a number of other talented young men will take the Toyota Park field for the friendly.
Last year, the Fire lost to Chivas de Guadalajara 1-0 in front of their home fans. Hopefully things go better this time around.
Let’s go to the roster:
GOALKEEPERS: Miguel Becerra, Oswaldo Sanchez
DEFENDERS: Kenyi Adachi, Oswaldo Alanís, Rafael Figueroa, Aaron Galindo, Luis Alberto Garcia, Cesar Ibañez, Osmar Mares, Carlos Torres Zapata
MIDFIELDERS: Marc Crosas, Alejandro Martínez, Cándido Ramírez, Juan Pablo Rodríguez, Rodolfo Salinas, Walter Gael Sandoval
FORWARDS: Daniel Ludueña, Daniel Guzman, Benjamin Joya, Carlos Parra
- MLS weekend preview: Conference leaders, surging Galaxy take to NBC, NBCSN 0
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 8
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 6
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2