Sep 13, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
What a weekend in MLS. Seriously. We kick off with Sporting Kansas City against Houston Dynamo, move to the Seattle Sounders at the Portland Timbers (the rivalry of the league), and bang out the New York Red Bulls hosting the Columbus Crew. Not bad, not bad at all.
But, but, but: Give us the Vancouver Whitecaps heading into the Fortress in Frisco (roll with it, please). Why? Well, funny you should ask:
- First and foremost, PLAYOFFS. The Whitecaps are clinging to the fifth spot in the Western Conference. The team directly behind them? That would be FCD. The ‘Caps are four points clear with a game in hand, but a Dallas home victory drops that lead to one. (Obviously.) Then we’d have a race on our hands. And everyone loves races.
- Could we have a Salgado sighting? Probs not, but can we offer up Gershon Koffie instead?
- FCD has its qualifying crew back. Brek Shea, Blas Perez, Carlos Rodriguez, and Julian de Guzman. Bang, bang, bang, bang, or something.
- David Ferriera has new tats. Not, of course, to be outdone by Zach Loyd.
- PST life lesson: Everything is better when Jay DeMerit is involved. Write that down, kids. AND HE NEEDS YOUR VOTE.
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro