Sep 13, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
What a weekend in MLS. Seriously. We kick off with Sporting Kansas City against Houston Dynamo, move to the Seattle Sounders at the Portland Timbers (the rivalry of the league), and bang out the New York Red Bulls hosting the Columbus Crew. Not bad, not bad at all.
But, but, but: Give us the Vancouver Whitecaps heading into the Fortress in Frisco (roll with it, please). Why? Well, funny you should ask:
- First and foremost, PLAYOFFS. The Whitecaps are clinging to the fifth spot in the Western Conference. The team directly behind them? That would be FCD. The ‘Caps are four points clear with a game in hand, but a Dallas home victory drops that lead to one. (Obviously.) Then we’d have a race on our hands. And everyone loves races.
- Could we have a Salgado sighting? Probs not, but can we offer up Gershon Koffie instead?
- FCD has its qualifying crew back. Brek Shea, Blas Perez, Carlos Rodriguez, and Julian de Guzman. Bang, bang, bang, bang, or something.
- David Ferriera has new tats. Not, of course, to be outdone by Zach Loyd.
- PST life lesson: Everything is better when Jay DeMerit is involved. Write that down, kids. AND HE NEEDS YOUR VOTE.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0