Sep 14, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Well, well, well … this should get the Cascadia bees a’buzzin’.
It’s not like the Portland-Seattle rivalry needed goosing. We’re talking cats and dogs here, anyway.
But if anything can properly weaponize the toxic brew of antipathy that already exists between supporters of these two Pacific Northwest rivals … yep, the video below should just about seal the deal.
Thing is, this isn’t some $14 production from a nut-job in California who has now gone into hiding …
This pot-stirring video is from the Portland Timbers themselves. It’s a longtime Timbers supporter explaining, in wincing detail, no less, the ins and outs of why Timbers fans and Sounders fans just will not see eye-to-eye. For instance:
“Seattle has always had that arrogance. This idea that they are better than they really are, and just because they wear some shade of green that doesn’t appear in nature, I don’t know how they justify it. … I would say it’s their arrogance.”
Is this the best official-level shot since the Timbers purchased a billboard right outside CenturyLink Field in Seattle? (Now that was a good one, Merritt Paulson.)
The teams play tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. on NBC.
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 0
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 7
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Another EPL manager goes, as Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City 4
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (15)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months