Sep 14, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Birthdays of Note: Ray Wilkins, otherwise known as the man with the 100 percent record as a caretaker manager
Big Important Story of the Day: It has to be Sporting Kansas City-Houston Dynamo, right? Livestrong Park will be rocking and rolling as the home team tries to keep pace with the San Jose Earthquakes and the visitors try to get out with a point or three. Oh yeah, and Los Angeles-Colorado plays as well.
Ahead on the blog today*: As if you needed more than SKC-Dynamo? The weekend in MLS. And man, what a weekend it’s going to be, headlined by Portland-Seattle at JEN-Weld Field. Death. Match. Elsewhere, there’s probably some stuff going on in Europe. We’ll let Farley and SD handle it.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Ben Lederman, a young American in Barcelona.
Twitter daps: One man enters…
And another man leaves:
PST background noise while blogging today: Veruca Salt.
We’ll leave you with this: This is a great weekend for soccer in the U.S. If you have a friend who wants to understand why you spend so much time watching a “boring” game, get him or her to a television for Portland-Seattle (or better yet out to a game).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 0
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1