Sep 15, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry does not just score goals – he seeks always to dazzle us with the spectacular.
Anybody remember his volley from a tough angle against Chicago back in July?
Yeah, like that one.
And like Saturday’s something special to punctuate a good night for himself and his team against Columbus, the late insurance strike in a 3-1 win at Red Bull Arena.
Henry’s stoppage time goal was directly off a corner kick. In soccer parlance, they call this one an Olimpico. I’m not sure why. But don’t let that subtract from the enjoyment.
Here’s the goal:
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final