Sep 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
The color and significance of Saturday’s Cascadia Cup special in Portland was never in doubt. But it looks even more spectacular when illuminated by a brilliant September day in Oregon.
And thankfully, the camera lenses were working well, brilliantly capturing the men, women and passion on site at Jeld-Wen Field.
Courtesy of The Oregonian via Oregon Live, check out the photo essay of a sunny MLS day in Portland, where the Timbers salvaged a little sliver of pride and regard by keeping the fight alive for the Cascadia Cup with a 1-1 draw.
(Oh … and there’s even photographic proof that they actually let NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler handle the Cascadia Cup! What were they thinking?)
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 0
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 11
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 28