Sep 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
The color and significance of Saturday’s Cascadia Cup special in Portland was never in doubt. But it looks even more spectacular when illuminated by a brilliant September day in Oregon.
And thankfully, the camera lenses were working well, brilliantly capturing the men, women and passion on site at Jeld-Wen Field.
Courtesy of The Oregonian via Oregon Live, check out the photo essay of a sunny MLS day in Portland, where the Timbers salvaged a little sliver of pride and regard by keeping the fight alive for the Cascadia Cup with a 1-1 draw.
(Oh … and there’s even photographic proof that they actually let NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler handle the Cascadia Cup! What were they thinking?)
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 10