Sep 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
The color and significance of Saturday’s Cascadia Cup special in Portland was never in doubt. But it looks even more spectacular when illuminated by a brilliant September day in Oregon.
And thankfully, the camera lenses were working well, brilliantly capturing the men, women and passion on site at Jeld-Wen Field.
Courtesy of The Oregonian via Oregon Live, check out the photo essay of a sunny MLS day in Portland, where the Timbers salvaged a little sliver of pride and regard by keeping the fight alive for the Cascadia Cup with a 1-1 draw.
(Oh … and there’s even photographic proof that they actually let NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler handle the Cascadia Cup! What were they thinking?)
- 2015 Gold Cup: Three things we learned from the USA’s 2-1 victory over Honduras 0
- USMNT 2-1 Honduras: Dempsey brace enough for sloppy Yanks 1
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 2
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1