Sep 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
The color and significance of Saturday’s Cascadia Cup special in Portland was never in doubt. But it looks even more spectacular when illuminated by a brilliant September day in Oregon.
And thankfully, the camera lenses were working well, brilliantly capturing the men, women and passion on site at Jeld-Wen Field.
Courtesy of The Oregonian via Oregon Live, check out the photo essay of a sunny MLS day in Portland, where the Timbers salvaged a little sliver of pride and regard by keeping the fight alive for the Cascadia Cup with a 1-1 draw.
(Oh … and there’s even photographic proof that they actually let NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler handle the Cascadia Cup! What were they thinking?)
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3