Sep 17, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
The color and significance of Saturday’s Cascadia Cup special in Portland was never in doubt. But it looks even more spectacular when illuminated by a brilliant September day in Oregon.
And thankfully, the camera lenses were working well, brilliantly capturing the men, women and passion on site at Jeld-Wen Field.
Courtesy of The Oregonian via Oregon Live, check out the photo essay of a sunny MLS day in Portland, where the Timbers salvaged a little sliver of pride and regard by keeping the fight alive for the Cascadia Cup with a 1-1 draw.
(Oh … and there’s even photographic proof that they actually let NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler handle the Cascadia Cup! What were they thinking?)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (21)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)