Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
The numbers for U.S. women’s national team scoring star Alex Morgan continue to be stunning.
Current totals: 50 game, 32 goals. At that pace, she’ll pass current all-time leader Mia Hamm by some time next month.
Or something like that.
Her milepost 50th appearance came Sunday as the U.S. gold medal victory tour continues. This one was at the Home Depot Center in California, where Morgan’s 55th minute equalizer put the United States on the road to a 2-1 win over Australia.
Shannon Boxx provided the game-winner on a 63rd-minute penalty kick after Morgan was chopped down inside the penalty area.
Highlights from Sunday’s victory in sunny Carson, California:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 1
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 8
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0