Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
The numbers for U.S. women’s national team scoring star Alex Morgan continue to be stunning.
Current totals: 50 game, 32 goals. At that pace, she’ll pass current all-time leader Mia Hamm by some time next month.
Or something like that.
Her milepost 50th appearance came Sunday as the U.S. gold medal victory tour continues. This one was at the Home Depot Center in California, where Morgan’s 55th minute equalizer put the United States on the road to a 2-1 win over Australia.
Shannon Boxx provided the game-winner on a 63rd-minute penalty kick after Morgan was chopped down inside the penalty area.
Highlights from Sunday’s victory in sunny Carson, California:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes