Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
The numbers for U.S. women’s national team scoring star Alex Morgan continue to be stunning.
Current totals: 50 game, 32 goals. At that pace, she’ll pass current all-time leader Mia Hamm by some time next month.
Or something like that.
Her milepost 50th appearance came Sunday as the U.S. gold medal victory tour continues. This one was at the Home Depot Center in California, where Morgan’s 55th minute equalizer put the United States on the road to a 2-1 win over Australia.
Shannon Boxx provided the game-winner on a 63rd-minute penalty kick after Morgan was chopped down inside the penalty area.
Highlights from Sunday’s victory in sunny Carson, California:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0