Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
The numbers for U.S. women’s national team scoring star Alex Morgan continue to be stunning.
Current totals: 50 game, 32 goals. At that pace, she’ll pass current all-time leader Mia Hamm by some time next month.
Or something like that.
Her milepost 50th appearance came Sunday as the U.S. gold medal victory tour continues. This one was at the Home Depot Center in California, where Morgan’s 55th minute equalizer put the United States on the road to a 2-1 win over Australia.
Shannon Boxx provided the game-winner on a 63rd-minute penalty kick after Morgan was chopped down inside the penalty area.
Highlights from Sunday’s victory in sunny Carson, California:
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte