Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
The numbers for U.S. women’s national team scoring star Alex Morgan continue to be stunning.
Current totals: 50 game, 32 goals. At that pace, she’ll pass current all-time leader Mia Hamm by some time next month.
Or something like that.
Her milepost 50th appearance came Sunday as the U.S. gold medal victory tour continues. This one was at the Home Depot Center in California, where Morgan’s 55th minute equalizer put the United States on the road to a 2-1 win over Australia.
Shannon Boxx provided the game-winner on a 63rd-minute penalty kick after Morgan was chopped down inside the penalty area.
Highlights from Sunday’s victory in sunny Carson, California:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2