Monday “Meh” list: quick recap of the slightly overrated

Sep 17, 2012, 6:10 PM EST

New York Red Bulls v FC Dallas - Wild Card Match Getty Images

Quick-hit list of people, places and things we noticed over the weekend that land on the over-done or overly praised side. Not necessarily awful but, you know, just “meh.”

• So much fuss about handshakes (It’s a freakin’ handshake, for goodness sake!)
  • Attendance at RFK Stadium
  • Marco Pappa (Anybody missing the guy in Chicago?)
  • Blaming it all on players’ allegedly lame effort
  • Concerns over the Galaxy when missing one DP
  • Ham
  • Announcers hollering about missed chances (and not giving the other team’s goalkeeper proper credit for a big save.)
  • FC Dallas’ playoff chances without center back George John (pictured)
  • Jan Gunnar Solli (as a midfielder; dude rocks as a DJ)
  • Everton’s finishing
  • Talk of Arsenal demise
  • Anything that takes me away from Champions League tomorrow
  1. ndnut - Sep 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Funny how you mention not giving goalies credit for stopping “missed chances” then mentioning Everton’s “finishing” (“missed chances”) in the same meh list.

• Steve Davis - Sep 18, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Fair enough, I suppose. But whenever I looked up, I saw Pienaar or Mirallas or someone else wasting chance after chance — and not necessarily due to anything exceptional from Harper in Newcastle goal.

2. twalkray - Sep 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Dear Steve, you advising me to read this post on twitter was the best advice I’ve heard all day

• Steve Davis - Sep 18, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Was it reading the list, or “leave office” that was the better advice?

• twalkray - Sep 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

it was the combo of the two

3. ndnut - Sep 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM

It’s not a problem, it was just funny.

• Steve Davis - Sep 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM

No, I knew how you intended that … no offense taken. (Or, if you’re Canadian, no “offence” taken.) It WAS surely ironic, eh?

Week 12: PL Saturday recap