Sep 18, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
It was just a week ago that we were all riveted to our favorite soccer-watching chairs, nervously twitching about a match that had the potential to send the U.S. World Cup qualifying pursuit stumbling headfirst into oncoming traffic.
But, well … whew!
The United States got a good, solid chokehold on the game – even if it did take a while for Herculez Gomez to score the vital, breakthrough goal. So, we all resumed normal breathing patterns.
You’ve seen the highlights. (You have seen the highlights, haven’t you? Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, we are just going to assume “yes” and move along.)
But you probably haven’t seen these highlights, the always-cool ground-level shots, courtesy of U.S. Soccer.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1