Sep 18, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
It was just a week ago that we were all riveted to our favorite soccer-watching chairs, nervously twitching about a match that had the potential to send the U.S. World Cup qualifying pursuit stumbling headfirst into oncoming traffic.
But, well … whew!
The United States got a good, solid chokehold on the game – even if it did take a while for Herculez Gomez to score the vital, breakthrough goal. So, we all resumed normal breathing patterns.
You’ve seen the highlights. (You have seen the highlights, haven’t you? Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, we are just going to assume “yes” and move along.)
But you probably haven’t seen these highlights, the always-cool ground-level shots, courtesy of U.S. Soccer.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0