Sep 18, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
It was just a week ago that we were all riveted to our favorite soccer-watching chairs, nervously twitching about a match that had the potential to send the U.S. World Cup qualifying pursuit stumbling headfirst into oncoming traffic.
But, well … whew!
The United States got a good, solid chokehold on the game – even if it did take a while for Herculez Gomez to score the vital, breakthrough goal. So, we all resumed normal breathing patterns.
You’ve seen the highlights. (You have seen the highlights, haven’t you? Being the good, sweet, clean U.S. Soccer supporter that you are, we are just going to assume “yes” and move along.)
But you probably haven’t seen these highlights, the always-cool ground-level shots, courtesy of U.S. Soccer.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1