Sep 21, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
“If you wanted to write in a film about a team that somehow managed to win the Champions League, I think that was the year that we did it.” — Frank Lampard
That Chelsea victory in the Champions League last season sure was surprising/epic/amazing/unfortunate/all of the above, right?
And sure, we’re already into the group stages of the 2012-2013 CL — that came quickly — but that doesn’t mean we can’t relieve the run, writes the Boston Red Sox fan still reminiscing about 2007.
So, without further ado, we present a brief preview below and the full thing here.
(Courtesy of Greg Seltzer’s excellent No Short Corners)
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 1
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 1
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 2
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public