Sep 22, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
They call this one “straight off the training ground.” That is, it’s a well-worked free kick goal for Real Salt Lake early in Saturday’s match against Portland.
(From Portland’s side, by the way, they call it “more of the same.” That is, the wall disintegrated like a cheap paper towel, allowing Fabian Espindola’ free kick to go straight through. So, pretty weak sauce from the visitors.)
Either way, it’s a well-rehearsed, well-executed restart sequence. Kyle Beckerman’s little dash out to the right, and then a little push pass that goes the other way, all serving to create just enough confusion in the Timbers wall. And that opens the door for Espindola.
- MUST SEE: Full highlights of Liverpool’s epic penalty shootout 1
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 5
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0