Sep 22, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
They call this one “straight off the training ground.” That is, it’s a well-worked free kick goal for Real Salt Lake early in Saturday’s match against Portland.
(From Portland’s side, by the way, they call it “more of the same.” That is, the wall disintegrated like a cheap paper towel, allowing Fabian Espindola’ free kick to go straight through. So, pretty weak sauce from the visitors.)
Either way, it’s a well-rehearsed, well-executed restart sequence. Kyle Beckerman’s little dash out to the right, and then a little push pass that goes the other way, all serving to create just enough confusion in the Timbers wall. And that opens the door for Espindola.
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 10