Sep 22, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
They call this one “straight off the training ground.” That is, it’s a well-worked free kick goal for Real Salt Lake early in Saturday’s match against Portland.
(From Portland’s side, by the way, they call it “more of the same.” That is, the wall disintegrated like a cheap paper towel, allowing Fabian Espindola’ free kick to go straight through. So, pretty weak sauce from the visitors.)
Either way, it’s a well-rehearsed, well-executed restart sequence. Kyle Beckerman’s little dash out to the right, and then a little push pass that goes the other way, all serving to create just enough confusion in the Timbers wall. And that opens the door for Espindola.
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 1
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0