Sep 22, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
They call this one “straight off the training ground.” That is, it’s a well-worked free kick goal for Real Salt Lake early in Saturday’s match against Portland.
(From Portland’s side, by the way, they call it “more of the same.” That is, the wall disintegrated like a cheap paper towel, allowing Fabian Espindola’ free kick to go straight through. So, pretty weak sauce from the visitors.)
Either way, it’s a well-rehearsed, well-executed restart sequence. Kyle Beckerman’s little dash out to the right, and then a little push pass that goes the other way, all serving to create just enough confusion in the Timbers wall. And that opens the door for Espindola.
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 1
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 1
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 3
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 3