Sep 23, 2012, 12:30 AM EDT
San Jose sharpshooter Chris Wondolowski is now, officially, the sharp-shootin’est shooter in MLS in a decade.
Goal No. 22 on the year for Wondolowski found its way past Seattle on Saturday night, which gives him the best season of goals since New England’s Taylor Twellman hit 23 in 2002.
Next time Wondolowski scores he will join Twellman and Raul Diaz Arce in a tie for the fifth-best all-time season of MLS goals.
With four matches remaining after this one, it would not be an awful bet that “Wondo” will get there, and that he might even move past those two into Top 3 or 4 territory.
The Quakes’ remaining schedule after Saturday’s contest:
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago