Sep 25, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Let’s be clear about this: The Los Angeles Galaxy does not need David Beckham to get a top three placing in the West.
Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane, Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas are doing simply delightful, thank you very much, running the attack with confidence and verve. The side can keep its spot in the standings (currently tied for second) without him.
But … the Galaxy probably will require Beckham’s golden right foot to optimize chances of playoff success. San Jose, Seattle and even Real Salt Lake on a good day will be obstacles in the West either way, so a healthy, happy and hopping-quick Beckham can only assist matters.
So, Galaxy supporters will be happy to hear that their man Becks is back at training. So says official Galaxy blogger Adam Serrano, who is all over Home Depot Center matters these days.
Beckham has missed his team’s last two MLS matches and a Champions League contest. The former England captain is listed as day-to-day for this weekend’s match in Colorado.
After that, the Galaxy has three MLS matches and one Champions League contest for Beckham to polish up the touch and fitness.
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 1
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 1
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 2