Sep 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Andrés Guardado turns 26 today. We’re buying him a haircut as a present. Too harsh?
Big Important Stories of the Day: CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals. Okay, maybe it’s not the most important thing in the world, but we loooooove the CCL here at PST and we’re rolling with it. Also, all that boring soccer going on overseas and here at home this weekend. Totes lame.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): David Downs
What you should watch on TV today: Sporting Kansas City vs. Chicago Fire (8:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Network). Did you really need us to impart that wisdom?
Some news from Guatemala:
And some from closer to home:
PST background noise while blogging today: Alt-J. Best band in the world. Right now. At least until tomorrow.
We’ll leave you with this: Yesterday was Francesco Totti’s birthday.
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago