Sep 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Andrés Guardado turns 26 today. We’re buying him a haircut as a present. Too harsh?
Big Important Stories of the Day: CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals. Okay, maybe it’s not the most important thing in the world, but we loooooove the CCL here at PST and we’re rolling with it. Also, all that boring soccer going on overseas and here at home this weekend. Totes lame.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): David Downs
What you should watch on TV today: Sporting Kansas City vs. Chicago Fire (8:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Network). Did you really need us to impart that wisdom?
Some news from Guatemala:
And some from closer to home:
PST background noise while blogging today: Alt-J. Best band in the world. Right now. At least until tomorrow.
We’ll leave you with this: Yesterday was Francesco Totti’s birthday.
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 0
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2
- PST Extra: Race for the Premier League title 0
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 2
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 2