Sep 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Soccer birthdays: Andrés Guardado turns 26 today. We’re buying him a haircut as a present. Too harsh?
Big Important Stories of the Day: CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals. Okay, maybe it’s not the most important thing in the world, but we loooooove the CCL here at PST and we’re rolling with it. Also, all that boring soccer going on overseas and here at home this weekend. Totes lame.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): David Downs
What you should watch on TV today: Sporting Kansas City vs. Chicago Fire (8:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Network). Did you really need us to impart that wisdom?
Some news from Guatemala:
And some from closer to home:
PST background noise while blogging today: Alt-J. Best band in the world. Right now. At least until tomorrow.
We’ll leave you with this: Yesterday was Francesco Totti’s birthday.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro