Sep 30, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Palermo playmaker Fabrizio Miccoli hit a stunner today, a first-time volley from every bit of 50 yards.
It was the punctuation mark on a huge day for Miccoli and his team in the Serie A contest, a 4-1 win over Chievo in which the former Juventus and Benfica No. 10 scored three himself and assisted on the other.
That Miccoli had the audacity to aim a first-timer toward goal was one thing. That he actually made it work … !
It is reminiscent of Dejan Stankovic’s goal for Inter Milan in 2011 Champions League action against Schalke.
I’ll still take Stankovic’s strike, but Miccoli’s from Sunday is certainly worth a look:
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago