Oct 4, 2012, 10:42 AM EDT
Credit to the Whitecaps for pushing four past Dan Kennedy, the Chivas USA goalkeeper, who may be the most hopelessly besieged goalkeeper in MLS history at this point.
Martin Rennie’s men were on top of things at BC Place, where a four-goal outbreak created a little breathing room for the Whitecaps in their quest to hold that final Western Conference playoff spot.
Dane Richards, Barry Robson and Camilo Sanvezzo were particularly effective, each factoring into two goals in the lopsided 4-0 win at BC Place.
But if we’re being honest, the Chivas USA defense has as much bite right now as a bowl of 2 percent milk. The Goats are awful.
Watch the highlights and see how easy things were for Vancouver. Watch how Chivas USA’s highly positioned back line gets shredded repeatedly. Watch how center back John Valencia gets turned way too easily (although Kennedy was able to stretch and save that one).
Watch how defender Ante Jazic, usually a reliable figure, has inside position in Camilo but still allows the Whitecaps attacker to sneak in for an easy put-away.
Watch how wide open Robson finds himself on the final goal, able to line up his shot past Kennedy.
Or, just enjoy the foursome of goals as you watch:
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League