Oct 4, 2012, 10:42 AM EDT
Credit to the Whitecaps for pushing four past Dan Kennedy, the Chivas USA goalkeeper, who may be the most hopelessly besieged goalkeeper in MLS history at this point.
Martin Rennie’s men were on top of things at BC Place, where a four-goal outbreak created a little breathing room for the Whitecaps in their quest to hold that final Western Conference playoff spot.
Dane Richards, Barry Robson and Camilo Sanvezzo were particularly effective, each factoring into two goals in the lopsided 4-0 win at BC Place.
But if we’re being honest, the Chivas USA defense has as much bite right now as a bowl of 2 percent milk. The Goats are awful.
Watch the highlights and see how easy things were for Vancouver. Watch how Chivas USA’s highly positioned back line gets shredded repeatedly. Watch how center back John Valencia gets turned way too easily (although Kennedy was able to stretch and save that one).
Watch how defender Ante Jazic, usually a reliable figure, has inside position in Camilo but still allows the Whitecaps attacker to sneak in for an easy put-away.
Watch how wide open Robson finds himself on the final goal, able to line up his shot past Kennedy.
Or, just enjoy the foursome of goals as you watch:
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2