Oct 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Seriously awesome weekend ahead in MLS: New York-Chicago, LA-RSL, and a little thing we like to call the “PORTLAND-SEATTLE DEATHMATCH FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST OR ANY LEAST THE US PART OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE VANCOUVER.” (We’re still working out the kinks in the name.)
But yeah, yeah, yeah. You should be watching the Montreal Impact take on the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Stadium. Let’s count the ways:
1) The Impact aren’t making the playoffs, but the Dynamo are in a dogfight with D.C. United and the Columbus Crew for the last two spots in the Eastern Conference. Heck, they have an outside chance at moving all the way up to second. Playoff potential.
2) Will Bruin. Dance on Dancing Bear, dance on.
3) Houston went undefeated in their last six last year. Can they make a late-season run this year and win their last four. WE WILL FIND OUT.
4) Montreal is out, but Jesse Marsch ain’t through tinkering. Some of the changes are due to injury, but you also gotta think he’s looking forward to next year. There’s something about guys fighting for their jobs that always brings out the best.
5) The Impact get a two-week break after the match. Run, run, run, and then rest.
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad