Oct 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Seriously awesome weekend ahead in MLS: New York-Chicago, LA-RSL, and a little thing we like to call the “PORTLAND-SEATTLE DEATHMATCH FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST OR ANY LEAST THE US PART OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE VANCOUVER.” (We’re still working out the kinks in the name.)
But yeah, yeah, yeah. You should be watching the Montreal Impact take on the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Stadium. Let’s count the ways:
1) The Impact aren’t making the playoffs, but the Dynamo are in a dogfight with D.C. United and the Columbus Crew for the last two spots in the Eastern Conference. Heck, they have an outside chance at moving all the way up to second. Playoff potential.
2) Will Bruin. Dance on Dancing Bear, dance on.
3) Houston went undefeated in their last six last year. Can they make a late-season run this year and win their last four. WE WILL FIND OUT.
4) Montreal is out, but Jesse Marsch ain’t through tinkering. Some of the changes are due to injury, but you also gotta think he’s looking forward to next year. There’s something about guys fighting for their jobs that always brings out the best.
5) The Impact get a two-week break after the match. Run, run, run, and then rest.
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2
- Report: Mix Diskerud targeted by New York City FC 3
- Manchester United have two transfer deals provisionally in place – Cavani, Shaw, Fabregas all on radar 0
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 8