Oct 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Seriously awesome weekend ahead in MLS: New York-Chicago, LA-RSL, and a little thing we like to call the “PORTLAND-SEATTLE DEATHMATCH FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST OR ANY LEAST THE US PART OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE VANCOUVER.” (We’re still working out the kinks in the name.)
But yeah, yeah, yeah. You should be watching the Montreal Impact take on the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Stadium. Let’s count the ways:
1) The Impact aren’t making the playoffs, but the Dynamo are in a dogfight with D.C. United and the Columbus Crew for the last two spots in the Eastern Conference. Heck, they have an outside chance at moving all the way up to second. Playoff potential.
2) Will Bruin. Dance on Dancing Bear, dance on.
3) Houston went undefeated in their last six last year. Can they make a late-season run this year and win their last four. WE WILL FIND OUT.
4) Montreal is out, but Jesse Marsch ain’t through tinkering. Some of the changes are due to injury, but you also gotta think he’s looking forward to next year. There’s something about guys fighting for their jobs that always brings out the best.
5) The Impact get a two-week break after the match. Run, run, run, and then rest.
- UK Twitter chat in 2013 dominated by soccer. Good thing or bad thing? 1
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 2
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 1
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"