Oct 5, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Few are the days when David Beckham is not the featured attraction at an L.A. Galaxy practice.
When he isn’t, Landon Donovan is a fine second-choice for visitors, media or picture snappers.
And on occasion, head coach Bruce Arena will launch a zinger that steals the show.
But rare, rare is the day when something else swipes attention from the media mainstays. It did happen earlier this week.
One of America’s most storied trophies showed up at the Galaxy training as part of a season ticket event for the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings.
Players happily gathered ‘round following their workout to have their photo taken with the star of the day. We have the photos to prove it, courtesy of the L.A. Galaxy’s media relations staff and Evan Gole of Bernstein Associates.
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 2
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago