Oct 6, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Last week, the Red Bulls looked like world beaters.
This week? Meh.
But did we perhaps make too much of last week’s Red Bull romp-and-stomp? The bright performance was, after all, over poor ol’ Toronto FC, a romp-and-stomp waiting to happen these days. TFC is a poor side to begin with, and injuries have reduced the Reds to an even cheaper version of themselves.
Thierry Henry, a real student of the game, advised the NBC team in pre-game meetings that his Red Bulls were still far, far, far from a finished product. And how correct he proved to be in Saturday’s 2-0 loss at home.
Here, NBC’s Russ Thaler, Kyle Martino and Arlo White talk about the Red Bulls, and much work ahead.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 0
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 1
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 0
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (20)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (15)