Oct 6, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Last week, the Red Bulls looked like world beaters.
This week? Meh.
But did we perhaps make too much of last week’s Red Bull romp-and-stomp? The bright performance was, after all, over poor ol’ Toronto FC, a romp-and-stomp waiting to happen these days. TFC is a poor side to begin with, and injuries have reduced the Reds to an even cheaper version of themselves.
Thierry Henry, a real student of the game, advised the NBC team in pre-game meetings that his Red Bulls were still far, far, far from a finished product. And how correct he proved to be in Saturday’s 2-0 loss at home.
Here, NBC’s Russ Thaler, Kyle Martino and Arlo White talk about the Red Bulls, and much work ahead.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 0
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 3
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5