Oct 6, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Last week, the Red Bulls looked like world beaters.
This week? Meh.
But did we perhaps make too much of last week’s Red Bull romp-and-stomp? The bright performance was, after all, over poor ol’ Toronto FC, a romp-and-stomp waiting to happen these days. TFC is a poor side to begin with, and injuries have reduced the Reds to an even cheaper version of themselves.
Thierry Henry, a real student of the game, advised the NBC team in pre-game meetings that his Red Bulls were still far, far, far from a finished product. And how correct he proved to be in Saturday’s 2-0 loss at home.
Here, NBC’s Russ Thaler, Kyle Martino and Arlo White talk about the Red Bulls, and much work ahead.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3