Oct 6, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Last week, the Red Bulls looked like world beaters.
This week? Meh.
But did we perhaps make too much of last week’s Red Bull romp-and-stomp? The bright performance was, after all, over poor ol’ Toronto FC, a romp-and-stomp waiting to happen these days. TFC is a poor side to begin with, and injuries have reduced the Reds to an even cheaper version of themselves.
Thierry Henry, a real student of the game, advised the NBC team in pre-game meetings that his Red Bulls were still far, far, far from a finished product. And how correct he proved to be in Saturday’s 2-0 loss at home.
Here, NBC’s Russ Thaler, Kyle Martino and Arlo White talk about the Red Bulls, and much work ahead.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Diego Costa could get retrospective ban, miss Chelsea’s clash vs. Manchester City 0
- Gareth Bale dismisses Manchester United speculation, happy at Real Madrid 1
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 4
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 7
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2