Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
For about 20 minutes, things looked quite bleak for Real Salt Lake on Saturday. They were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals, at least, as the Galaxy’s confident work on the ball and flummoxing movement without it had the visitors reeling.
But what a response.
Fabian Espindola struck for his latest two while center Nat Borchers rose to help stabilize things in the back. As a result, Saturday’s 2-1 win moves RSL five big points ahead of the Galaxy for second place in the West.
The NBC crew also reminded everyone that never before, through 17 MLS seasons, as a club beaten the Galaxy twice in one season in Los Angeles. Until now.
Here are the NBC highlights from last night’s 2-1 win:
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 1
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago