Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
For about 20 minutes, things looked quite bleak for Real Salt Lake on Saturday. They were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals, at least, as the Galaxy’s confident work on the ball and flummoxing movement without it had the visitors reeling.
But what a response.
Fabian Espindola struck for his latest two while center Nat Borchers rose to help stabilize things in the back. As a result, Saturday’s 2-1 win moves RSL five big points ahead of the Galaxy for second place in the West.
The NBC crew also reminded everyone that never before, through 17 MLS seasons, as a club beaten the Galaxy twice in one season in Los Angeles. Until now.
Here are the NBC highlights from last night’s 2-1 win:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 0
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 0
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even 1
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 4
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 9
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0