Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
For about 20 minutes, things looked quite bleak for Real Salt Lake on Saturday. They were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals, at least, as the Galaxy’s confident work on the ball and flummoxing movement without it had the visitors reeling.
But what a response.
Fabian Espindola struck for his latest two while center Nat Borchers rose to help stabilize things in the back. As a result, Saturday’s 2-1 win moves RSL five big points ahead of the Galaxy for second place in the West.
The NBC crew also reminded everyone that never before, through 17 MLS seasons, as a club beaten the Galaxy twice in one season in Los Angeles. Until now.
Here are the NBC highlights from last night’s 2-1 win:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3