Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 AM EST
For about 20 minutes, things looked quite bleak for Real Salt Lake on Saturday. They were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals, at least, as the Galaxy’s confident work on the ball and flummoxing movement without it had the visitors reeling.
But what a response.
Fabian Espindola struck for his latest two while center Nat Borchers rose to help stabilize things in the back. As a result, Saturday’s 2-1 win moves RSL five big points ahead of the Galaxy for second place in the West.
The NBC crew also reminded everyone that never before, through 17 MLS seasons, as a club beaten the Galaxy twice in one season in Los Angeles. Until now.
Here are the NBC highlights from last night’s 2-1 win:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit