Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
For about 20 minutes, things looked quite bleak for Real Salt Lake on Saturday. They were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals, at least, as the Galaxy’s confident work on the ball and flummoxing movement without it had the visitors reeling.
But what a response.
Fabian Espindola struck for his latest two while center Nat Borchers rose to help stabilize things in the back. As a result, Saturday’s 2-1 win moves RSL five big points ahead of the Galaxy for second place in the West.
The NBC crew also reminded everyone that never before, through 17 MLS seasons, as a club beaten the Galaxy twice in one season in Los Angeles. Until now.
Here are the NBC highlights from last night’s 2-1 win:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Next step: Las Vegas soccer stadium moves forward, but there’s a catch 1
- Lionel Messi heading to PSG, Chelsea? Not so fast, say Barcelona 1
- $88 million Edinson Cavani linked to Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United 3
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 6