Oct 8, 2012, 9:25 AM EST
We told you yesterday about Roger Espinoza’s injury, and how a lengthy layoff for Sporting Kansas City’s Honduran international would dent the team’s chances of doing something special in the coming MLS playoffs.
Espinoza is the tempo-setter for Kansas City’s pressure throughout the field, truly one of the busiest two-way men in MLS.
He crumbled under a challenge near goal in injury time during yesterday’s 1-1 draw at Columbus and needed to be stretchered off the field.
Today brings news that Espinoza may have done something less serious to the right ankle than first thought. The club has put his release for Honduran World Cup duty on hold, but even that will need to be reassessed today, SKC coach Peter Vermes said.
It’s hard to tell you exactly, but I think he’s going to be okay. They think he just dorsiflexed his ankle a little past the point. We’ll have to see, but I think he’s going to be all right.”
No, I had no idea what “dorsiflexion” was, either. It is the process of raising the top of the foot too far forward toward the shin.
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014