Oct 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Barring something ridiculous, Herculez Gomez’s name will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s selections later today when the latest roster is announced.
Lately, with Jozy Altidore’s goal-scoring exploits in the Netherlands – he leads the league, never mind that he apparently won’t be in the squad – and with Chris Wondolowski approaching scoring records, it’s been easy to lose track of Gomez.
But he sure hit a big one Saturday for Santos, the club’s only goal in a 1-1 draw at Querétaro.
Santos currently sits fourth in the 18-team Liga MX table.
Excuse the video quality; this was apparently captured by the same equipment that recorded the initial moon landings 40-plus years ago.
- FOLLOW LIVE — 2015 Copa America: Hosts Chile vs. Peru in semifinal no. 1 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 0
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3
- Agent confirms Carlos Bacca has reached agreement with AC Milan 0