Oct 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Barring something ridiculous, Herculez Gomez’s name will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s selections later today when the latest roster is announced.
Lately, with Jozy Altidore’s goal-scoring exploits in the Netherlands – he leads the league, never mind that he apparently won’t be in the squad – and with Chris Wondolowski approaching scoring records, it’s been easy to lose track of Gomez.
But he sure hit a big one Saturday for Santos, the club’s only goal in a 1-1 draw at Querétaro.
Santos currently sits fourth in the 18-team Liga MX table.
Excuse the video quality; this was apparently captured by the same equipment that recorded the initial moon landings 40-plus years ago.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3