Oct 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Barring something ridiculous, Herculez Gomez’s name will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s selections later today when the latest roster is announced.
Lately, with Jozy Altidore’s goal-scoring exploits in the Netherlands – he leads the league, never mind that he apparently won’t be in the squad – and with Chris Wondolowski approaching scoring records, it’s been easy to lose track of Gomez.
But he sure hit a big one Saturday for Santos, the club’s only goal in a 1-1 draw at Querétaro.
Santos currently sits fourth in the 18-team Liga MX table.
Excuse the video quality; this was apparently captured by the same equipment that recorded the initial moon landings 40-plus years ago.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 1
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 2
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 6
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 12
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0