Oct 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Barring something ridiculous, Herculez Gomez’s name will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s selections later today when the latest roster is announced.
Lately, with Jozy Altidore’s goal-scoring exploits in the Netherlands – he leads the league, never mind that he apparently won’t be in the squad – and with Chris Wondolowski approaching scoring records, it’s been easy to lose track of Gomez.
But he sure hit a big one Saturday for Santos, the club’s only goal in a 1-1 draw at Querétaro.
Santos currently sits fourth in the 18-team Liga MX table.
Excuse the video quality; this was apparently captured by the same equipment that recorded the initial moon landings 40-plus years ago.
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 0
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 9
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 12