Oct 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Barring something ridiculous, Herculez Gomez’s name will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s selections later today when the latest roster is announced.
Lately, with Jozy Altidore’s goal-scoring exploits in the Netherlands – he leads the league, never mind that he apparently won’t be in the squad – and with Chris Wondolowski approaching scoring records, it’s been easy to lose track of Gomez.
But he sure hit a big one Saturday for Santos, the club’s only goal in a 1-1 draw at Querétaro.
Santos currently sits fourth in the 18-team Liga MX table.
Excuse the video quality; this was apparently captured by the same equipment that recorded the initial moon landings 40-plus years ago.
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 0
- Lessons from 2010 say U.S. squad as much about opportunity, circumstances as youth 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 4
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 2
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 1