Oct 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
OK, OK, Sounders fans. We get it. You win!
I suppose supporters in the Sound were tired of hearing the refrain from points south (Portland) that Seattle fans had just one thing on the Timbers Army brigade: sheer numbers of butts in seats.
That’s just about the size of the stadiums, of course. Seattle’s stadium is bigger than Portland’s, as we all know.
So Seattle fans, for their epic contest Sunday against their Oregon neighbors, wanted to show they were more than superior volume. This tifo may have settled one argument, at least: who is better at the tifo thing. Because it’s hard not to be impressed, not just with the quality of the work, but with the coordination of the exercise.
Heck, I feel good when I can properly coordinate the spaghetti and the sauce. Look what the kids at CenturyLink did:
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 0
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 1
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 4
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0