Oct 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
OK, OK, Sounders fans. We get it. You win!
I suppose supporters in the Sound were tired of hearing the refrain from points south (Portland) that Seattle fans had just one thing on the Timbers Army brigade: sheer numbers of butts in seats.
That’s just about the size of the stadiums, of course. Seattle’s stadium is bigger than Portland’s, as we all know.
So Seattle fans, for their epic contest Sunday against their Oregon neighbors, wanted to show they were more than superior volume. This tifo may have settled one argument, at least: who is better at the tifo thing. Because it’s hard not to be impressed, not just with the quality of the work, but with the coordination of the exercise.
Heck, I feel good when I can properly coordinate the spaghetti and the sauce. Look what the kids at CenturyLink did:
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14