Oct 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
OK, OK, Sounders fans. We get it. You win!
I suppose supporters in the Sound were tired of hearing the refrain from points south (Portland) that Seattle fans had just one thing on the Timbers Army brigade: sheer numbers of butts in seats.
That’s just about the size of the stadiums, of course. Seattle’s stadium is bigger than Portland’s, as we all know.
So Seattle fans, for their epic contest Sunday against their Oregon neighbors, wanted to show they were more than superior volume. This tifo may have settled one argument, at least: who is better at the tifo thing. Because it’s hard not to be impressed, not just with the quality of the work, but with the coordination of the exercise.
Heck, I feel good when I can properly coordinate the spaghetti and the sauce. Look what the kids at CenturyLink did:
- Should Roberto Martinez be starting Gerard Deulofeu? 1
- Chelsea’s Samuel Eto’o set for move to Major League Soccer 5
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 1
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014