Oct 11, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
That would be Jermaine Jones with 10 games played and 877 minutes on the year.
That fact, and some other interesting ones come courtesy of US Soccer. What caught our eye?
Some quick bullet points:
- Clint Dempsey has scored in three of four World Cup qualifiers in this round, with two of the goals coming on the road. Herculez Gomez has scored two goals, including the game-winner against Jamaica on Sept. 11 in Columbus.
- Dempsey now has eight career goals in World Cup Qualifying, good for a tie for fourth place all-time on the U.S. list with Eddie Johnson.
- Five players have appeared in all four World Cup Qualifiers in this round: Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Gomez, Tim Howard and Jermaine Jones.
- The U.S. MNT is 18-11-11 all-time on the road against CONCACAF island nations. This Friday’s match will be the USA’s first road match against Antigua & Barbuda.
- The USA’s road breakdown against CONCACAF island nations are as follows: Barbados (2-0-0), Bermuda (3-2-0), Cuba (1-1-0), Grenada (1-0-0), Haiti (4-5-3), Jamaica (2-1-5), Netherlands Antilles (0-0-1), Trinidad & Tobago (5-2-2).
There’s much, much more here. Impress your friends. And, because we love videos, a little from US Soccer about the Road to Brazil. Hopefully it doesn’t end in the next six days.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3