Oct 11, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
That would be Jermaine Jones with 10 games played and 877 minutes on the year.
That fact, and some other interesting ones come courtesy of US Soccer. What caught our eye?
Some quick bullet points:
- Clint Dempsey has scored in three of four World Cup qualifiers in this round, with two of the goals coming on the road. Herculez Gomez has scored two goals, including the game-winner against Jamaica on Sept. 11 in Columbus.
- Dempsey now has eight career goals in World Cup Qualifying, good for a tie for fourth place all-time on the U.S. list with Eddie Johnson.
- Five players have appeared in all four World Cup Qualifiers in this round: Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Gomez, Tim Howard and Jermaine Jones.
- The U.S. MNT is 18-11-11 all-time on the road against CONCACAF island nations. This Friday’s match will be the USA’s first road match against Antigua & Barbuda.
- The USA’s road breakdown against CONCACAF island nations are as follows: Barbados (2-0-0), Bermuda (3-2-0), Cuba (1-1-0), Grenada (1-0-0), Haiti (4-5-3), Jamaica (2-1-5), Netherlands Antilles (0-0-1), Trinidad & Tobago (5-2-2).
There’s much, much more here. Impress your friends. And, because we love videos, a little from US Soccer about the Road to Brazil. Hopefully it doesn’t end in the next six days.
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 4