Oct 11, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
No MLS action this week? No worries. We’ll adjust.
American fans will be glued to the United States against Antigua & Barbuda on Friday evening. Then, maybe you’ll focus on Guatemala-Jamaica or Canada-Cuba. That would be wrong, we tell you.
The real action is Panama-Honduras. Estadio Rommel Fernández. Get there. Or, more likely, watch it on television.
- The battle for the top of group C. Honduras clinches the Hex with a win. Panama puts itself in prime position to qualify for the final round, with only a match against group whipping boy Cuba remaining.
- Plenty of MLSers in action: Honduras has Victor Bernardez, Marvin Chavez, Roger Espinoza, Oscar Boniek Garcia, Mario Martinez, and Jerry Bengtson. Panama boasts the dynamic duo of Gabriel Gómez, Blas Perez.
- Honduras wants revenge after Panama beat them 2-0 in San Pedro Sula.
- The timing works: It’s after the U.S. match, a nice comedown after the Stars and Stripes (hopefully) earn three points.
Okay, you’re right. This is a stretch. Watch US-A&B. Then celebrate. Then, take a deep breath, and don’t sleep on the two Central American nations. What, you have something better to do on a Friday night? We certainly don’t.
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs (video) 1