Oct 18, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
Oh look, it’s the Los Angeles Galaxy coach being awesome and hilarious and outspoken and all the other things you don’t normally associate with a soccer manager.
Mr. Arena’s club has an uber important match coming up this weekend against the San Jose Earthquakes. As you may remember, the last time the Galaxy’s northern rivals came to Home Depot Center, they won in the dying stages of the game. There was also the match on June 30, during which Los Angeles blew a 3-1 lead.
But the man has moved on:
“I’m not at all troubled by those two games at this point in my life. I’m moving on, I was not happy in the short term with those games, but now I’ve put it past me, I’m looking for greater things in life. I had a grandchild born, we’re in the middle of a heated Presidential election, [the U.S.] lost a difficult Ryder Cup, the Yankees are hanging on for life so really I don’t give two sh*** about the last time that we played San Jose.”
That’s great. With two wins, the Galaxy will avoid the dreaded fourth place-fifth place match in the MLS playoffs. That said, we’re kind of hoping it doesn’t happen that way. We’d love to hear Arena’s thoughts on that game.
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 1
- MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo at Montréal Impact 0
- USA can theoretically clinch a World Cup berth in their next match 3
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team 25
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (25)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public