Oct 18, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
Oh look, it’s the Los Angeles Galaxy coach being awesome and hilarious and outspoken and all the other things you don’t normally associate with a soccer manager.
Mr. Arena’s club has an uber important match coming up this weekend against the San Jose Earthquakes. As you may remember, the last time the Galaxy’s northern rivals came to Home Depot Center, they won in the dying stages of the game. There was also the match on June 30, during which Los Angeles blew a 3-1 lead.
But the man has moved on:
“I’m not at all troubled by those two games at this point in my life. I’m moving on, I was not happy in the short term with those games, but now I’ve put it past me, I’m looking for greater things in life. I had a grandchild born, we’re in the middle of a heated Presidential election, [the U.S.] lost a difficult Ryder Cup, the Yankees are hanging on for life so really I don’t give two sh*** about the last time that we played San Jose.”
That’s great. With two wins, the Galaxy will avoid the dreaded fourth place-fifth place match in the MLS playoffs. That said, we’re kind of hoping it doesn’t happen that way. We’d love to hear Arena’s thoughts on that game.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs