Oct 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Lots of ‘em: Justin Mapp turns 28. Honduras’ Juan Carlos Acevado turns 25. And Real Salt Lake’s Nico Muñiz turns just 20.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
The return of Major League Soccer. Okay, it came back Wednesday night but that doesn’t really count. There is an awesome slate of games this weekend and we have you covered.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day):
*Ahead on the blog today:
We’ll have Steve Davis’ traditional weekend preview. (He does that, right?) Along with some lists and some love. Ah, heck, I really have no idea what SD has planned. That’s why it’s subject to change. But you know it will be good.
PST Friend Grant Wahl with a gem. (Odds that “friend” was Pep himself? High.)
Friend who’d know tells me Pep Guardiola tried to watch Barça game at NYC bar, drew so much attention he had to leave at halftime.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) October 18, 2012
What you should watch on TV today:
Hoffenheim vs. Greuther Fuerth (2:30 p.m. GolTV, ESPN Deportes) followed by Tijuana vs. Cruz Azul (10 p.m. Univision Deportes)
PST background noise while blogging today:
TV on the Radio. Also, we’ll have the television on. That’s some Surrealist stuff right there.
We’ll leave you with this:
Enough of this international break stuff. Can we get back to league play please? Yes? Perfect.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 0
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Liverpool 0
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 1