Oct 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Lots of ’em: Justin Mapp turns 28. Honduras’ Juan Carlos Acevado turns 25. And Real Salt Lake’s Nico Muñiz turns just 20.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
The return of Major League Soccer. Okay, it came back Wednesday night but that doesn’t really count. There is an awesome slate of games this weekend and we have you covered.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day):
*Ahead on the blog today:
We’ll have Steve Davis’ traditional weekend preview. (He does that, right?) Along with some lists and some love. Ah, heck, I really have no idea what SD has planned. That’s why it’s subject to change. But you know it will be good.
PST Friend Grant Wahl with a gem. (Odds that “friend” was Pep himself? High.)
Friend who’d know tells me Pep Guardiola tried to watch Barça game at NYC bar, drew so much attention he had to leave at halftime.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) October 18, 2012
What you should watch on TV today:
Hoffenheim vs. Greuther Fuerth (2:30 p.m. GolTV, ESPN Deportes) followed by Tijuana vs. Cruz Azul (10 p.m. Univision Deportes)
PST background noise while blogging today:
TV on the Radio. Also, we’ll have the television on. That’s some Surrealist stuff right there.
We’ll leave you with this:
Enough of this international break stuff. Can we get back to league play please? Yes? Perfect.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0