Oct 19, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Lots of ‘em: Justin Mapp turns 28. Honduras’ Juan Carlos Acevado turns 25. And Real Salt Lake’s Nico Muñiz turns just 20.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
The return of Major League Soccer. Okay, it came back Wednesday night but that doesn’t really count. There is an awesome slate of games this weekend and we have you covered.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day):
*Ahead on the blog today:
We’ll have Steve Davis’ traditional weekend preview. (He does that, right?) Along with some lists and some love. Ah, heck, I really have no idea what SD has planned. That’s why it’s subject to change. But you know it will be good.
PST Friend Grant Wahl with a gem. (Odds that “friend” was Pep himself? High.)
Friend who’d know tells me Pep Guardiola tried to watch Barça game at NYC bar, drew so much attention he had to leave at halftime.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) October 18, 2012
What you should watch on TV today:
Hoffenheim vs. Greuther Fuerth (2:30 p.m. GolTV, ESPN Deportes) followed by Tijuana vs. Cruz Azul (10 p.m. Univision Deportes)
PST background noise while blogging today:
TV on the Radio. Also, we’ll have the television on. That’s some Surrealist stuff right there.
We’ll leave you with this:
Enough of this international break stuff. Can we get back to league play please? Yes? Perfect.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3